|Title||Geometric Modeling for Scientific Visualization
Guido Brunette, Bernd Hamann, Heinrich Mueller, Lars Linsen |
|Series||Mathematics and Visualization|
|Publisher||Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, Germany|
Geometric Modeling and Scientific Visualization are both established disciplines, each with their own series of workshops, conferences and journals. But clearly both disciplines overlap; this observation led to the idea of composing a book on Geometric Modeling for Scientific Visualization.
Experts in both fields from all over the world have been invited to participate in the book. We received 39 submissions of high-quality research and survey papers, from which we could only allow the 27 strongest to be published in this book. All papers underwent a strict refereeing process.
The topics covered in this collection include
- Surface Reconstruction and Interpolation
- Surface Interrogation and Modeling
- Wavelets and Compression on Surfaces
- Topology, Distance Fields and Solid Modeling
- Multiresolution Data Representation
- Biomedical and Physical Applications