Vrui 3.1-xxx Release Notes
This page lists major changes between Vrui versions 3.0-xxx and 3.1-yyy, both for users and programmers. As always, all changes are listed in detail in the HISTORY file in the package root directory.
- Vrui builds again under OS X Mavericks and newest versions of xcode.
- Added option to skip initial movie frames to Vrui's Playback input device adapter.
- Configuration file parser for affine and projective transformations now understands arbitrary sequences of elementary transformations and matrices.
- Added new ViewerConfiguration vislet to fine-tune viewer parameters (eye distance etc.) from within a running Vrui application.
- Added option for multisampling and bicubic interpolation to lens distortion correction.
- Significantly extended "VR Device Daemon Configuration File Settings Reference."
- Changed default of remoteControl setting in A.R.T. DTrack VR device driver to false.
- Changed default of showGui setting in ViewpointFileNavigationTool to true.
- Added Vrui run-time version and Vrui installation directories to output from -vruiVerbose.
- Reverted orientation of mouse input devices to Vrui 2.x's way of doing it.
- Added panningDomain setting to window sections in Vrui.cfg to better support multi-monitor setups.
- Improved default settings in MouseSurfaceNavigationTool and FPSNavigationTool.
- Improved build system to generate smarter installation paths, and output installation paths during configuration.
- Added event tool creation and destruction callbacks to Vrui::Application base class to give applications more control over tools.
- Added delayed initialization option to GLObject constructor. This way, objects derived from GLObject can delay GL initialization until their application states are fully initialized, to avoid a race condition in multithreaded applications.
- Improved device enumeration API in USB library.
- Removed fog coordinate-related functions from GL headers and moved them to the new GLEXTFogCoord extension class.